Days passed(years actually,7 yrs now!!) and I don't know how much I have gleaned on my culinary skills. There was a further boost to my journey when I came to Bangalore and I met Pohar, Dip, Dr. Manas, Samiran(nahar), Shekhar, Dr. Samiran Phukan[skillfully at the tail :-), not accidently ]. Oh buoy! These guys are crazy fun loving kitchen lurkers. First they will make you run behind them, trying to guess when we can grab the dish - with tempting smells of their dishes. I saw them becoming so happy to see a group of family or friends tucking into something they have just prepared. My wife still doesn't know about this blog. So, let me feel free and safe to admit here that we were animals at that time. Crazy weekends, wine, dine, movie, biking all were full on.
So by this time you would have easily get convinced how natural it was for me to have that mighty subject line, when I am married. Folkes from this planet viz.venus actually likes that!!
Anyway with a tribute to the said subject line, let me pen down a quick dish with Brinjal. There is no sexy name we have coined for this dish. So feel free to add on, and let me know too. Its actually a quick Assamese recipe.
Brinjal With Scrambled Egg(For the Name sake!!)
- Make some cut across the body of the Brinjal. Dont stab her. Put some mustard oil over the body, and kind of do a body massage :-) and make sure the mustard oil actually enters the cut marks. Now Roast the brinjal(s). Make sure it gets lil soften up.
- De skin the brinjal and mesh it. Mesh it properly without leaving too many lump in it. Little bit is OK.
- Cut onions in to fine slices
- Make fine ginger juliennes
- Crush garlic roughly, alternatively you can also get commercialy available Ginger Garlic paste.
- Add turmeric powder and salt and mix it well.
- Heat oil in pan and when its warm add cumin seeds and let it splutter.
- Fry the onions and when it turns golden add the ginger juliennes and chopped garlic, chilli in to it. Fry till it changes colour.
- Add the mashed brinjal in to it and fry for some time when its starts to leave oil add the cumin powder.
- Beat the egg and add a pinch of salt.
- Spread the fried stuff towards the margin of the pan so as to make a ring and oil gets accumulated in the middle.
- Add the egg and mix thoroughly and cook for 2-3 mins.
- Turn off the gas and garnish with fresh coriander leaves and ripe tomato pieces.
- Enjoy with rice or roti .
A clean kitchen is the sign of a wasted life, so learn some cooking live with honor, turn sideways and always look in the mirror to know if you are overdoing it ;-)
PS. Assamese recipes.