Sunday, May 16, 2010

Import Gmail Contact to my Outlook

I worked with a start up employer where it happened that we got an email from out Top Boss! to block all google and yahoo cousins, to promote their own IM probably to pass Beta phase by engaging professional chatters :-) . So guys who were via proxy were blocked! Now in this situation if I had only outlook as my mail client, how would I have imported all my gmail contacts....


Well , it came out to a very simple task, comprising a few clicks..

Login to gmail -> On your left hand side, click on contacts -> Export -> Outlook CSV format (for importing into Outlook or another application) -> Export -> Save the file somewhere in your lap/desk(top) -> Open outlook -> File Menu -> import and export -> (.) import from another program or file -> browse for the CSV you just saved -> Finish.

Done! All your gmail contacts are now part of your outlook contacts.

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment

RCA - Root Cause Analysis

An important step in finding the root causes of issues or occurrences that happen within a system or organization is root cause analysis (RC...